Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My digs...

This is my first opportunity to give an update on my crafts, even though the completion dates on these projects span the last few months.
I live in a cozy, one-bedroom apartment in a 1950s-era apartment building. With mostly 1950s-era folk. So I like to have a little bit of mod, little bit of throwback, in my decorating mix.
On my living room wall:

The embroidery hoops are from an antique store in Roseburg, Ore. The fabric comes from Cool Cottons in Portland.
In my bathroom:

During college, I spent a summer in Duluth, Minn. A kid's-size T-shirt from one of my favorite Duluthian stores makes a great memento wall hanging. Just a tip: I ended up nailing the fabric into the border of the canvas; I'm sure a staple gun would have been much more efficient.
And near the kitchen:

I love snail mail!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I still have my duluth shirt too, but I never wear it. I like your idea of just making it into art!