Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Easy adjustments to workout gear...

In the old days, workout clothes used to be just cast-off regular clothes, right? Giant gray sweatshirts, baggy track pants, ripped and stained T-shirts.
Now, women's athletic gear is more polished: I have acquaintances who swear by Nike Dri-fit clothing, or only will don stretchy, microfiber-woven clothing that wicks up sweat magically like a sponge.
Obviously, I can't whip out that kind of stuff on a low budget and minimal sewing skills.
But what I can do is get bored. Get bored with my plain, elephant-gray pajama pants from Old Navy. I chopped off the bottoms to make three-quarter length pant legs, and then inserted a tiny little pocket on the inside.
Of course, I brainstormed too much, too early, and thought I could create a beautifully lined, zippered pocket. So I could go runnng and have a place for my keys.
About 15 frustrated minutes later, I decided on a much simpler pocket and now make do with using a safety pin to secure a key inside.


(on the other haste-makes-waste note: I also have the bad-habit tendency to take the house key off the keychain to go running, and then forgetting to put it back on...thus, locking myself out of my house, not just my vehicle. But I digress.)

No comments: