Sunday, June 22, 2008

Messenger bag...and toiletry pouch accessory




This is the newest project. I figured I'd start from today and start backwards.

I made this out of this batch of beautiful blue cordouroy from a local St. Vincent de Paul thrift store. The dark-patterned fabric was from my roommate; I made pockets out of this. It was the first time I made a square-bottomed bag. The lining is made from a solid marigold fabric.

The whole bag is gigantic, but I really wanted something that would function as an overnight bag or a pretty gym bag. I've been using a giant tote, which suits me fine, but totes have a tendency to gape wide open, leaving the whole world open to peer in and see your sports bra and gym shorts. Yuck.

The mini me bag is also made of the same fabric, made with a zipper I had gotten out of a grab-bag stash of craft items from Goodwill.

Now I can safely stash the gym accessories, the bras and contact lens cases covertly....yes!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice! Good job... I think this is one of your prettiest creations.