Sunday, June 22, 2008

Green skirt...



So I made this skirt in an effort to impress a boy. I don't think it worked, but I was happy with the end sewing result. Who needs boys when you can make yourself a skirt?

The fabric also came from St. Vincent de Paul, as a round green tablecloth. I was inspired by Craft magazine and cut out the center to make a skirt without having to hem the bottom.

The circular patches were from a flower print of fabric I bought at Cool Cottons in southeast Portland. I made patches by sewing a circle around the flowers using a thicker stitch on my sewing machine, and then cutting out around the border. I hand-stitched the patches on.
The skirt is fastened by a hook and eye that I hand-sewed, and then a button and a ribbon just beneath it, because a good deal of derriere tends to peep out of the skirt slit if I'm not careful.

No comments: