Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pinata


To celebrate a dear little girl turning a grand old age of 7, I put together a horse-shaped pinata out of a paper bag.
Last year, a friend's 27th birthday was feted with a Pegasus-shaped pinata, mostly decorated with bits of crepe paper.
This time, I decided to use acrylic paints, glitter, yarn and bits of cardboard.
The shape came together nicely, but figuring out how to suspend the pinata was a bit tricky. This is when I wished I had more engineering skills. In hindsight, I should have punched out two holes and strung it up like the tutorial.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it to the party, but I saw lots of photos of children wielding a stick and then a little crowd of kids gathering candy on the ground. I hope the horse-pinata fulfilled its short-lived life of duty.

No comments: