Monday, February 15, 2010

More ambiguous hair adornments

Terrariums aside, I've been mostly awash in wedding preparations for my sister.
I wasn't going to post any wedding crafts pre-ceremony, but these have already been rejected. :( Long-distance craft consulting is hard!
I've been tinkering with a few of these fabric flowers. Unfortunately, none of them have quite the right kind of poofy-awesomesome that will suit me (or my sister).
On feathers: I bought three packs of different colored feathers at a hunting and fishing store, a place into which I thought I'd never step foot. But now I've learned I must go back when fishing season starts - more color selection! I'm a little leery on how these feathers were gathered, however; I was told they came from farm-raised poultry, like from Asia. Hmmm...it's kind of like borderline-fur-ethics?
On the mess-and-clean-up: on the carpet in front of me, spread in a three-foot radius, are the remains of these three. It looks like I've done some sacrificial slaughtering of fowl and shredded up cerulean shards of fabric in the process.


No comments: