Sunday, October 4, 2009

Shod in shoes



These Target shoes were missing a grommet. But is that going to stop me from purchasing the last size 7 pair? Of course not!

After I received my 10 percent discount, I got home and began my button reconnaissance. I collect buttons, ribbons and sewing notions rather haphazardly, from Goodwill and cast-off clothes. I've been known to pick up sparkly things off the sidewalk to save for later. Kind of like a crow.

My search was a success: I found two nautical-themed buttons and two round gold buttons given to me by a friend. (She was fashioning her own dirndl, but I digress.) A little needle and thread, a little craft glue on top - brava! I created the illusion of buttons on shoes.

Please cross your fingers for me that these buttons stay affixed throughout the rainy season.

No comments: